At the centre of an area characterized by a rich repertoire of historical, architectural, artistic and archaeological heritage in the territory of Volterra and by many other reasons of interest like the handcrafting of alabaster and the use of geothermal energy, on the rolling hills of the Valle dei Fosci rises the antique Podere Barbaiano: country settlement of the Maffei, bought in 1516 by The Inghirami. Salvator Rosa, his wife Lucrezia and his son Rosario were often guests in the villa that was then built there. Agriturismo Podere Barbaiano is located in a landscape of breathtaking beauty near Volterra, in the middle of the Berignone forests, and of Tatti, a natural reserve. Podere Barbaiano is a holiday farm that covers 46 square metres. Children and adults may visit the farm animals, the horses and the wild boars. In the centre of our farm stands the old stone house, split into various apartments of different sizes and the swimming-pool among the tuscan hills.
The Podere Barbaiano has been granted with the “due spighe” acknowledgement by the region of Tuscany.
Type: Holyday farm
Spots available: 15
Closing period: Always open
- Pets allowed
- Facilities for the disabled
- Educational farm classes
- Traditional products available for purchase
- Credit card accepted
The podere barbaiano holiday farm is the result of a fine renovation of an old stone house from the 7th century, with characteristic architecture from which we have obtained various rooms and apartments of different sizes:
- 1 two-chamber lodgings, muflone measuring 28 square metres, ideal for 2-3 guests
- North Apartment, measuring about 80 square metres, it includes 3 bedrooms two bathrooms, a kitchen and a living area, porch and gazebo. It is ideal for 5-6 guests.
- East Apartment, measuring about 150 square metres, it includes 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large kitchen and living area, a private terrace. Ideal for 8 guests.
- West Apartment measuring about 150 square metres, it includes 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a large kitchen and living area and private outdoors space.
- South Apartment, measuring about 80 square metres, it includes 3 bedrooms two bathrooms, a kitchen, a living area and a private terrace with a gazebo.
Services of interest in the surrounding area
- Theme and water parks
- Natural parks
- Museums and galleries
- Artistic and historical sites
Sport and activities:
- Horseback riding
Podere Barbaiano is the perfect destination for those who seek peacefulness, privacy, genuine products and direct contact with nature.
You will be able to relax at the pool (16x18 metres) while admiring the gorgeous hilly countryside.
You will find paths for hiking, biking, horse-riding or simply walking in the natural reserve of Berignone, located near our farm.
We also organise mycological excursions for mushroom amateurs. Adults and children may also visit the farm animals (deer, horses, sheep, etc...).
Podere Barbaiano is located in a strategic location as it allows guests to reach some of Tuscany’s most beautiful cities of the arts in a fairly short time: The historical city centre of Volterra, with its museums, Etruscan, Roman and medieval testimonies is 12 kilometres away; San Giminiano is 23 kilometres away; Siena is 50 kilometres away; Pisa with its famous leaning tower, and the airport is 60 kilometres away; Florence is 70 kilometres away, and the coastline and beaches are about 45 kilometres away from Podere Barbaiano.
Podere Barbaiano - loc. Mazzolla, c.a.p. 56048 Volterra (Pi) | Tel: 0588 35060 | P.Iva: 01383040506 | firstname.lastname@example.org